Composite Materials Engineering : Modeling and Technology
This book provides a compilation of innovative fabrication strategies and utilization methodologies that are frequently adopted in the advanced composite materials community.
It addresses developing appropriate composites to efficiently utilize macro- and nanoscale features. It covers a selection of key aspects of composite materials, including history, reinforcements, matrix materials, mechanical properties, physical properties, theory, and applications. The volume reviews the research developments of a number of widely studied composite materials with different matrices.
Key features of this book:
- Contains new coverage of nanocomposites
- Reflects the latest theoretical and engineering and industrial applications of composite materials
- Provides design methods with numerical information and technical formulations needed for researchers
- Presents a critical review of progress in research and development on composite materials
- Offers comments on future research direction and ideas for product development