Project Management Tools and Techniques : A Practical Guide, Second Edition
Author(s): Deborah Sater Carstens, Gary L. Richardson
The topic of project management is truly an evolution of art seeking science. This activity involves balancing project objectives against the constraints of time, budget, and quality. Achieving this balance requires skill, experience, along with the use of many tools, and techniques which are the focus of this book.
This new edition provides updated content to incorporate examples from Microsoft Project 2016 and material from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), sixth edition. The chapter structure includes step-by-step instructions regarding the basic mechanics and various software tools that can be used to assist in the processes. To reinforce the textbook’s learning objectives, extra material is provided on the textbook website. This includes mechanical tool examples and lab assignments representative of the chapter topics. An external video tutorial library is available to help with various mechanics related to Microsoft Project mechanics. An instructor manual is available for qualifying adoptions for classroom use.
NOTE: Chapter 26 is not in the textbook and is only located in the book's Downloads tab on the CRCPress.com website.
- Illustrates the use of Microsoft Project throughout the project life cycle
- Offers templates as productivity enhancement tools
- Includes supplemental material for students and instructors
- Provides assignments for hands-on experience
- Follows the PMI PMBOK ® Guide model structure that will support a better understanding of the model and help prepare students for PMP and CAPM certification
- Illustrates both traditional and contemporary management techniques