Numerical Methods and Methods of Approximation in Science and Engineering
Author(s): Karan S. Surana
Numerical Methods and Methods of Approximation in Science and Engineering prepares students and other readers for advanced studies involving applied numerical and computational analysis. Focused on building a sound theoretical foundation, it uses a clear and simple approach backed by numerous worked examples to facilitate understanding of numerical methods and their application. Readers will learn to structure a sequence of operations into a program, using the programming language of their choice; this approach leads to a deeper understanding of the methods and their limitations.
- Provides a strong theoretical foundation for learning and applying numerical methods
- Takes a generic approach to engineering analysis, rather than using a specific programming language
- Built around a consistent, understandable model for conducting engineering analysis
- Prepares students for advanced coursework, and use of tools such as FEA and CFD
- Presents numerous detailed examples and problems, and a Solutions Manual for instructors