Lean Problem Solving and QC Tools for Industrial Engineers
Author(s): Maharshi Samanta
The manufacturing and service sector needs to resolve a lot of issues relating to products, process and service in everyday operation. Successful resolution depends on the methodology, rigor and systematic implementation techniques. The essential purpose of this book is to impart the necessary knowledge to the reader about concepts in six sigma problem-solving providing sufficient knowledge of problem lifecycle and ways to address the various issues arising therein. The 7 QC tools and A3 strategy are described and analyzed in detail with various examples encompassing a step by step approach a professional must know to address a problem in an industrial engineering set up.
- Conceptualizes six sigmas problem-solving providing sufficient knowledge of problem lifecycle and ways to address the various issues for manufacturing industry professionals
- Enables effective use of 7 QC tools for solving problems
- Addresses the problem- solving part very specifically in all the contexts of PDCA cycle of improvement, DMAIC methodology of organizational transformation, and TPM & TQM culture of productivity and quality improvement
- Written with A3 theme throughout enabling each problem-solving tool to follow a structured approach
- Includes relevant and practical examples and applications