Spon's Civil Engineering and Highway Works Price Book 2019
SPON'S CIVIL ENGINEERING AND HIGHWAY WORKS PRICE BOOK 2019 from AECOM gives costs for both general and civil engineering works and highway works. It provides a full breakdown of labour, plant and material elements, with labour rates updated. cost guidance is given at a number of levels, varying from the more general functional costs to detailed resource costing, and in conformity with CESMM4 and the Highways Method of Measurement.
In this 33rd edition:
- More emphasis has been given to sampling from major projects – of £20-£100m in value with no acute access or ground condition problems and run under NEC contracts. The rates, prices and outputs in the Resources and Unit Cost calculations include allowances for wastage, normal productivity and efficiency.
- Plus prices from specialists
- More research with contractors and suppliers allows for a more confident forecast in a volatile market – but outliers have been largely excluded.
- Prices are based more strongly on global structural steel grades and rates and extrapolated accordingly.
- Pipe lining is now included, as being more effective and economical than replacement of pipes in maintenance drainage works.
- Consideration is given to the possible scarcity of skilled labour.
Use the access code inside the front cover of the book to get set up with an ebook of this 2019 edition on the VitalSource® Bookshelf platform. This versatile and powerful online data viewing package is available for use until the end of December 2019.
… along with the standard features you have come to expect from SPON'S CIVIL ENGINEERING AND HIGHWAY WORKS PRICE BOOK:
- for budgeting: estimating principles, on-cost advice, method-related charges
- for resource costings: labour costs, plant costs, material prices
- for rapid cost information: approximate estimates, dayworks, cost indices
- for plant and labour allowances: production rates, outputs, man hour constants
- for detailed pricing: unit costs with full breakdown, or specialist prices, with advice on item coverage, waste allowances and comparative costs
- for incidental advice: tables and formulae, technical information, professional advice
- updates, free of charge, two or three times a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk