Mathematical Aspects of Modelling Oscillations and Wake Waves in Plasma
Author(s): E.V. Chizhonkov
This book is devoted to research in the actual field of mathematical modeling in modern problems of plasma physics associated with vibrations and wake waves excited by a short high-power laser pulse. The author explores the hydrodynamic model of the wake wave in detail and from different points of view, within the framework of its regular propagation, a development suitable for accelerating electrons, and the final tipping effect resulting in unregulated energy transfer to plasma particles.
Key selling features:
- Presents research directly related to the propagation of super-power short laser pulses (subject of the 2018 Nobel Prize in Physics).
- Presents mathematical modeling of plasma physics associated with vibrations and wake waves excited by a short high-power laser pulse.
- Includes studies of large-amplitude plasma oscillations.
- Most of the presented results are of original nature and have not appeared in the domestic and foreign scientific literature
- Written at a level accessible for researchers, academia, and engineers.