Climate Change and Plants : Biodiversity, Growth and Interactions
Climate Change and Plants: Biodiversity, Growth and Interactions
Evidence is raised daily of the varying climate and its impression on both plants and animals. Climatic changes influence all agriculture factors, which can potentially adversely affect their productivity. Plant activities are intimately associated with climate and concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Climate Change and Plants: Biodiversity, Growth and Interactions examines how plant growth characters influence and is influenced by climate change both in past and present scenarios. This book covers cutting-edge research of key determinants of plant growth in response to atmospheric CO2 enhancement and global warming.
- Discourses numerous areas of sustainable development goals projected by the UN as part of the 2030 agenda
- Highlights appropriate approaches for maintaining better plant growth under changing climatic conditions
- Presents diversity of techniques used across plant science
- Is designed to cater to the needs of researchers, technologists, policymakers and undergraduate and postgraduate students studying sustainable crop production and protection
- Addresses plant responses to atmospheric CO2 increases