Applied Soft Computing and Embedded System Applications in Solar Energy
Applied Soft Computing and Embedded System Applications in Solar Energy deals with energy systems and soft computing methods from a wide range of approaches and application perspectives. The authors examine how embedded system applications can deal with the smart monitoring and controlling of stand-alone and grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) systems for increased efficiency. Growth in the area of artificial intelligence with embedded system applications has led to a new era in computing, impacting almost all fields of science and engineering. Soft computing methods implemented to energy-related problems regularly face data-driven issues such as problems of optimization, classification, clustering, or prediction. The authors offer real-time implementation of soft computing and embedded system in the area of solar energy to address the issues with microgrid and smart grid projects (both renewable and non-renewable generations), energy management, and power regulation. They also discuss and examine alternative solutions for energy capacity assessment, energy efficiency systems design, as well as other specific smart grid energy system applications. The book is intended for students, professionals, and researchers in electrical and computer engineering fields, working on renewable energy resources, microgrids, and smart grid projects.
- Examines the integration of hardware with stand-alone PV panels and real-time monitoring of factors affecting the efficiency of the PV panels
- Offers real-time implementation of soft computing and embedded system in the area of solar energy
- Discusses how soft computing plays a huge role in the prediction of efficiency of stand-alone and grid-connected solar PV systems
- Discusses how embedded system applications with smart monitoring can control and enhance the efficiency of stand-alone and grid-connected solar PV systems
- Explores swarm intelligence techniques for solar PV parameter estimation
Dr. Rupendra Kumar Pachauri is Assistant Professor – Selection Grade in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun, India.
Dr. Jitendra Kumar Pandey is Professor & Head of R&D in the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun, India.
Mr. Abhishek Sharma is working as a research scientist in the research and development department (UPES, India).
Dr. Om Prakash Nautiyal is working as a scientist in Uttarakhand Science Education & Research Centre (USERC), Department of Information and Science Technology, Govt. of Uttarakhand, Dehradun, India.
Prof. Mangey Ram is working as a Research Professor at Graphic Era Deemed to be University, Dehradun, India.