Numerical Modelling of Hydraulics and Hydrology in Environmental and Engineering Flows
Author(s): Soumendra Nath Kuiry, Dhrubajyoti Sen
This book covers theoretical aspects of the physical processes, derivation of the governing equations and their solutions. It focusses on hydraulics, hydrology, and contaminant transport, including implementation of computer codes with practical examples. Python-based computer codes for all the solution approaches are provided for better understanding and easy implementation. The mathematical models are demonstrated through applications and the results are analyzed through data tables, plots, and comparison with analytical and experimental data. The concepts are used to solve practical applications like surface and ground water flow, flood routing, crop water requirement and irrigation scheduling.
- Combines the area of computational hydraulics, hydrology, and water resources engineering with Python
- Gives deep description of the basic equations and the numerical solutions of both 1D and 2D problems including the numerical codes
- Includes step-by-step translation of numerical algorithms in computer codes with focus on learners and practitioners
- Demonstration of theory, mathematical models through practical applications
- Analysis of each example through data tables, plots, and correlation with reality
This book is aimed at senior undergraduates and graduate students in Civil Engineering, Coastal Engineering, Hydrology, and Water Resources Engineering.