Pocket Prescriber 2015
Prescriber 2015 is a concise, up to date prescribing guide. It contains all the ‘must have’ information that junior doctors, nurse prescribers and medical students need at their fingertips.
- A–Z list of the 500 most commonly prescribed drugs with each entry containing the key prescribing information
- Focuses on safety issues, warnings, drug errors and adverse effects
- Practical guidance on drug selection, plus protocols and guidelines
- Advice and reference information for complicated prescriptions
- Concise management summaries for the common medical emergencies
- Includes the European Resuscitation Council algorithms
- Clinically useful reminders of basic pharmacology (e.g. receptor profiles)
"A pocket book that is truly pocketable, every medical student and junior doctor should carry this book…If you’re unsure about prescribing a drug, a quick glance at the relevant page in this book will tell you everything you need to know…I really cannot recommend Pocket Prescriber highly enough."
—Oxford Medical School Gazette
"The simple precaution of checking facts in any unfamiliar prescribing situation is likely to prevent mistakes and exemplifies current emphasis on safe practice and clinical risk management."
—Professor C.M. Black, Past President of the Royal College of Physicians
"Do not rely on your memory when prescribing drugs – it is fallible. This neat vade mecum puts the information you need at your fingertips."
—Professor R.M. Kirk, ex-member of the Royal College of Surgeons’ Council